Monday 5 November 2012

My Small Obtainable Challenges


    Lately I have been feeling like the back seat driver in my own life.  As the back seat drive I shout things out, but in the end I have no control of the car, I just have to sit back and go where the driver takes me.  I just feel like my life is getting away from me, I feel a little out of control.  I am the master of plausible excuses, but really there is no excuse for this.
    Instead of just sitting back and being the victim (the victim of what I am not sure), I have decided to take some control.  I need to make some really powerful efforts to get out of my little funk.  I have so many things that I need to do, but that is overwhelming to think about.  I have decided in an effort to reclaim my life, that I will make baby steps toward my ultimate goal... a clean and organized life house.
    Lately every time I open my fridge I cringe.   That fridge was pure chaos.  A smart person would have realized that it was a half hour to an hour job to clean and organize the fridge.  In the long run it would be time well spent, oh but that's not the way I think.  It seemed like a lot of work, and so I put it off.  Packing lunches was a nightmare, as was pretty much anything involved in extricating food from the fridge (see above embarrassing picture).
    Yesterday afternoon I bit the bullet and cleaned the fridge.  I was pretty afraid, I am not going to lie to you.  There were a few items that I was unsure what they used to be.  For that matter I was unsure if they were animal, mineral, or even from earth.  As I always do when I clean out the fridge, I angrily assured myself that I will never let this go this far again!  I always do.  I'm more of a thinker and a planner than an actual doer.  I discarded long over due food items, half full juice boxes (why in God's name do they insist on putting in a half finished juice box?  We both know that they are going to forget about it, and it will end up making a spilled and squirted sticky mess of the fridge).  This time I was prepared.  I had bought containers from the dollar store for storage, and to separate and organize food items.  If everything had a place, then it would be so much easier to keep things clean and organized, well at least that's my theory.
    I know have a clean and organized fridge.  I feel really good about tackling that job, now I may have the strength to tackle a few more awful jobs.  Baby steps, baby steps is how I will kick this little funk to the curb.  Today's job, God help me is to clean and organize the laundry room.  I can assure you that there will  be no before and after pictures from that job!


No comments:

Post a Comment