Wednesday 7 March 2012

Happy Birthday To ME!




    This is what I saw when I walked into my living room this morning.  I think my sweetheart of a husband must have stayed up until 2:00 a.m. doing this.  I did a little stumble back when I saw it.  When you see something like this, you can't help but to feel loved.  It reminds me just how very blessed I am.  I always know that I am blessed, but sometimes I forget "just" how very blessed I am.



Rowan had left is DS open on my chair, and this is what it said.




    As you may have guessed, birthdays are a big deal at our house.  Who am I kidding, everything is a big deal at our house.  When someone has a birthday, it becomes like a holiday.  It is nice to be on the receiving end of it.
    Here's the thing about my birthday, I forgot that it was my birthday.  As a kid I had it counted down to the minutes.  When anyone asked my age, I would tell them in months and sometimes even into the minutes.  Now, it's not really a big deal.  I do not dread it, it doesn't matter because I'm going to gain that year whether I like it or not.  Like so many things in my life, it simply is.  The kids were amazed yesterday when they were talking about my birthday and I told them that I had forgotten it.  "How could you forget your own birthday?"  They asked with disgust.  I would never forget anyone else's birthday because it involves work for me, I have to keep things organized.  I have been so busy this week with other commitments that it just slipped my mind, precisely because I did not have to anything to prepare for my own birthday, I just had to wake up.
    So to sum this all up, I have not received any physical gifts yet today, but the best and biggest gift was the gift of love ( I know I sound sappy and your are holding back a mouth barf right now).  I make it my job to make sure that everyone in my family is well cared for.  I do extra little things for them to remind them of my love.  I am not going to be humble on this one, I work really hard at being a mom (and a I work a bit at being a good wife).  I really put my back into it, so to speak.  When I wake up and have a big fuss made over me, it tells me that they notice my sacrifice.  I hope that you are all good and jealous!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Happy Birthday!
    I just wanted to stop and say hi...I answered your question on circle of moms about the blog archives...If you have anymore questions just let me know.
    Your welcome to visit my blog
    http://leasenchantedcloth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete