Monday 15 October 2012

How Did 4 Years Pass So Quickly?



    I'm not sure how this has happened, but my little precious baby has turned 4.  I wish that I could bundle up time, and make it stop.  I wish that I could have kept her that tiny little baby that loved to lie in my arms.  That tiny little baby was safe in my arms,  I could hold her close to me, tightly, and she liked it.  Now that same little baby wants her independence, she wants to explore her world.  I know it's normal, and that's what she's supposed to do, but I'm not ready to let her.
    Elly is my last baby.  She is the youngest of 5.  If Gabe was here, she would not exist.  She is our precious gift.  I know how very precious she is, with the bigger kids I forgot.  I knew that they were precious, but I did not realize just how fragile life is.  I did not know how much you need to make of every moment, because they pass so quickly and all that you are left with at the end of the day are memories and pictures.
    It's kind of neat to watch her grow, and yet I hate it.  She is her very own person, they all are.  I am watching this baby become a big girl.  Everyday she mastering a new talent, a new skill.  She is growing up, even if I think she's doing it too quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment