Tuesday 3 July 2012

Patriotic Nails





    As you may know, I spend a lot of time painting my girl's nails.  The first thing that Elly's speech therapist does when we go, is to look at Elly's nails.  I spend at least an hour a week on my girl's nails.  On Canada Day, I feel like I really out did myself.  We got lots of comments, so I thought I would share how I did it.

The first thing that I did was to paint their nails with white nail polish.  


When the white was dry, I painted red up the sides.



When the red was dry, I used my fine tipped red nail polish and drew a line in the middle.


Essentially I painted a star on a stick.


The last step is the clear coat.  I have learned from experience that the clear coat is necessary, if you don't clear coat, then it wastes your time.  With no clear coat, it all wears off.

So now you know how to create Canada Day nails. 



No comments:

Post a Comment